Friday, January 4, 2008

Movie Musicals

First of all, Happy New Year!

Hope this year will be filled with promise and hope.

I spent this new years eve, well the first half of it with my family. We had some good dinner and then enjoyed the fireworks until midnight, then we toasted to a new year, and I was off to a party with some friends. I went with Maggi, Arna, Magga and some friends of theirs to a party in Kopavogur and when we get there we´re told that there´s free beer ( which in a way sucked because I brought a lot of beer) but didn´t matter we were gonna celebrate the year in style.

In a way we had a lot of fun although we didn´t do a lot, mostly sitting and chatting and me and Magga making fun of her "classmates" who were also at this party. I consider the night a success.

But the main reason for my blog entry this week is that the other day me, Maggi and Arna went to the movies, well I had to convince them to go to the movie "Enchanted" and after seeing it´s trailer I found the short clip very funny and interesting, and it didn´t look like a musical movie. But I was DEAD WRONG, my first thought was that the movie only had one or two songs but no they just kept on coming! And even for a Disney movie it was so incredibly corny, and honestly at some parts of the movie I just wanted to throw up, simply it was to much for me.

And I consider myself kinda of a fairy tail kinda guy ( well at least a superhero worshiper) so I am a believer in the impossible ( unless it´s psychic, then it´s total bullshit) but this was so unbelievably strange and corny that I just felt bad watching.

And pulling off a movie musical is not easy, you can´t just do anything you want, there are rules and guidelines you need to follow. For example of great movie musicals: "Grease", "Cry Baby" , "West Side Story" and "Mary Poppins" however couple of bad ones include: High School Musical 1 & 2, Spice World, Grease 2 and so many more.

However I will say one good thing about this movie, Amy Adams played her role better than perfect, even though she was very annoying she played it perfect!


Well that´s it for now, I´m gonna tell you next time about my travel to the U.S. of A.

so until next time

See yah
Stefán

No comments: