Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Final Destination

After a long difficult journey I have arrived. Wichita Kansas, a great place to be.

We flew from Keflavík to Minnesota and that went by pretty fast and smooth, and we spent the following day in Mall of America shopping and then took a late flight to Wichita and went straight to the Hyatt hotel.

The day after we arrived we headed down to Wichita State University, and checked in to the Garvey International Student welcome center, filled out some forms and then off to the Fairmount Towers, which would be my home for the next two semesters. Once we got there and entered room 331 I had kinda of a shock because seemed so small and cold looking, but when we we´re done shopping for sheets for the bed and things to fill the little space, it actually was kinda cozy.

And then it was time to find the perfect ride. And our journey took us to Davis Moore, where we didn´t have to go far, our used car sales man Dirar, took us to one of Davis Moore used car lots where I found this beautiful 2000 V6 3,8 L black Mustang! And now I´m a proud owner of this beautiful piece of machine. The only problem I´m facing now is that because I don´t have an American drivers license it´s hard getting insurance, and without that insurance I can´t drive my vehicle out of the dealership.


Right now I´m just trying to turn time forward because this school is like a ghost town, for the reason that school don´t start for another week and only the international students have arrived and nothing really one can do but hang out, because not having transportation is really hard, for the reason that very few things here are in walking distance.

Tomorrow I´ve got quite the day, it starts with a tuberculin test at 10:00 A.M. then I´ve gotta take a taxi down to M&M insurance ( yes, I´m not joking, it´s called M&M) and then I´ve got some free time before I take a maths and English placement test, then when it´s finally over I have to get online to pay for my English course.

So until next time ( then I´ll put some photos on)
in the words of the Governor
HAsta la vista
Stefán

1 comment:

Dis said...

Gangi ther rosa vel. Gott ad thu ert kominn heill a hufi.