Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Americanized

After a long weekend of sleeping and basically doing nothing, where as I had almost no homework, and my bowling balls were grounded in the Rhatigan Student Center. On Friday I went with Matt and Hallie to Matt´s friend´s place, but the reason why we took Matt´s car is so that he could take gas, but no we didn´t get very far cause after about 3/4 of a mile the car ran out of gas. However Taylor was nice enough to pick Hallie up to go to her car to pick up her gas can then to get her to the gas station to get back to Matt´s car. We hung out at Tyler´s until like 3:30 in the morning so I slept in on Saturday, woke up around 4 in the day, and spent most of it in bed... kinda slow day.

Yesterday I managed to buy a microwave so I can microwave some noodles and soup and possibly some popcorn, also I bought a pre payed cell phone from Verizon Wireless and it´s called something like Chocolate or something ( which I found really weird, but it had touch keypad with censors and it´s super cool ! (not)) However my new phone number is :
(316) 213-3830

And yesterday I got a call from my good friend Stephen Pierron in Allen, Texas and I got the phone number just in the nick of time, he had been having a tough week so it was good to hear from him. I´m considering if school is going good and also if bowling is going great then I´m thinking about participating in the 65.th U.S. Open but it´s highly unlikely that I´ll be doing that so I´m probably gonna visit Stephen down in Allen, TX.

Otherwise I´ve just been bowling and working out a lot. But tomorrow I need to see my insurance guy, to finish one little thing, and also buy a mini fridge for my dorm room, on Friday I´m going to request for a room transfer, I would like to have a single room, because my room is really small, I share a bathroom that I cannot lock with 3 other people and my roommate comes from the planet Blargon 7 and I kinda sense a clashing of cultures, I don´t really know what language they speak over there on Blargon 7, and just their rituals are just bizarre.

How ever I´m gonna stop here in leave you with the words of Dwight K. Schrute :

Dwight's Speech:Blood alone moves the wheels of history! Have you ever asked yourselves in an hour of meditation, which everyone finds during the day, how long we have been striving for greatness? Not only the years we’ve been at war … the war of work. But from the moment, as a child, we realized that the world could be conquered. It has been a lifetime struggle, a never-ending fight, I say to you. And you will understand that it is a privilege to fight! We are warriors! Salesmen of Northeastern Pennsylvania, I ask you, once more rise and be worthy of this historical hour! Maniacal laughter Yes! Yes!
No revolution is worth anything unless it can defend itself! Some people will tell you “salesman” is a bad word. They’ll conjure up images of used car dealers and door-to-door charlatans. This is our duty to change their perception. I say, salesmen … and women … of the world, unite! We must never acquiesce, for it is together, together, that we prevail! We must never cede control of the motherland for it is…

TOGETHER THAT WE PREVAIL!

p.o. for now

3 comments:

Dis said...

Miss you brør

EggertC said...

Gott að vita nýja númerið þitt. Maður getur keypt einingar á Skype og hringt ódýrt í USA númer.

Rétt hjá þér að fá flutning ef gæinn er undarlegur. Þá er þetta forvörn af bestu gerð. Vona að þú fáir eins manns herbergi. Þú leyfir okkur að fylgjast með.

Kveðja frá Delhi,
Pabbi

Anna C said...

sakna þín!!!

Leiðinlegt að heyra með herbergisfélagann, vonandi færðu eigið herbergi eða flottu íbúðina. Gott að þú ert að hanga með kunningjum þínum þarna úti, munar um félagsskapinn.

Fyrstu vikurnar eru erfiðastar. Þetta tekur tíma að aðlagast að fullu. Þú munt meta þetta seinna.

U CAN DO IT (NICKY)

Knús,
Anna C