Sunday, January 20, 2008

Balls balls balls

Yesterday I finally got to drilling my bowling balls, I went down to Thunderbird bowl to meet up with Brent and this other guy, I don´t really remember his name but he was on tour for about 15 years or so, a real nice guy.

The balls I got were

Brunswick: BVP Rampage, Vapor Zone, Target Zone(spare ball), Total Inferno and a Twisted Fury
Ebonite: Total NV
Hammer: Black Widow

And I´m really liking the Rampage and Vapor Zone, the twisted and the both totals are alright but I´m not feeling the black widow( I think it´s the layout but perhaps I just haven´t found the right lane condition for it.

Couple of funny things, seeing both Asian and African people adopting to the weather here in Kansas. The other day I saw a Japanese guy using an umbrella in a snowstorm, with the strong Kansas North wind, it didn´t go to well for him. And this African student was walking on this icy sidewalk on was like a cow on a skating rink, while I walked past him like I was the ground was just normal.

Classes begin on Tuesday, I picked some fun classes ( at least I think) the classes I picked were: Public Speaking, Astronomy, Human Communication, English and World Music ( I really hope these classes are fun)...

Monday is Martin Luther King Jr. day so everything will be closed, that´s a good thing for me as a student, however I don´t understand why Americans celebrate every single thing just for example Columbus day and those days that ain´t that important. I mean sure they´re important to history, but to close down everything and giving people the day off for something that a person they didn´t even know and at a time so distant that the only thing we have from that time are books.

It´s getting real cold here and I´m not feeling it, I´d like it to get a little warmer. But only time can tell

so for now farewell

Stefán

No comments: