Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night


Well today started great, I slept in and woke up around one ish and just felt like it was going to be a great day, especially were as I didn´t have to work tonight.

So my main objective today was to make a phone call to get the apartment lease confirmed. And the call couldn´t have gone better, I spoke to this very nice person. although she had one of the shadiest name I´ve ever come a cross. Her name is Ashley Lies!!!


Well it turned out that the apartment I saw online, 500 square ft. studio apartment with a swimming pool and tennis court on the estate, it was available and the last one. So after a little chat with Ashley Lies ( haha still funny) then she told me I only needed to send an application and a deposit and the apartment would be mine.

I immediately called my father with the good news and also told most of my friends that I just leased my first apartment. And nothing but smiles from that point, so I went and cleaned the apartment, for the reason that my mother is coming back from China and Russia, so I got the apartment in to tip top shape ( or like almost clean)

After a little light cleaning to some very loud music , it was time to hit the bowling alley. After last weeks league cancellation, I was excited to finally get to play some bowling. Well as I got to the alley I found out it wasen´t league night, instead we had a league cup night ( means played in doubles , I only played one game) so it sucked so big time! When I got home Maggi and Arna were gonna come over and we were gonna watch Charlie and the chocolate factory ( for some school project they had) when really it was an excuse for me to have a cold one.

And then the blow of the week hit me as soon as I checked my e-mail, I received an e-mail from Joan Petersen, a Wichita State University employee and it was regarding my question on housing situation( my apartment) and she gave me the "great" news that everyone attending WSU ( Wichita State University) under the age of 21 have to live on campus unless they´re married!

So everything I looked forward to, living by myself, the freedom and privacy was just flushed down the toilet. Of course unless i age 2 years or get married it wouldn´t be a problem, but I find this very stupid. Well I understand it partly, but to make it a rule that they have to live on campus is absurd!

Well I´m gonna leave it at that ... for now, so I´m off and the quote of today is:

STUPID = Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand

Later playjas

1 comment:

Anna C said...

bömmer...geturðu ekki gifst e-h amerískri gellu? ;)

svekkjandi að kveðja sundlaugina og eigin 50 fermetra íbúð.

sjáumst á föstudag
Anna C