Friday, December 21, 2007

A whole new world

The title is not an understatement, because it applies to two things this week. First thing was going snorkeling, and it was really amazing because I´ve got this huge phobia about the ocean. Don´t get me wrong I can swim fine, it´s just being in the middle of the Indian Ocean and not knowing what could creep up on you when the sight you have is 2-3 meters. We woke up real early to get as much clarity as we could, we went on a boat/yacht to this reef which is a home to a lot of turtles, and the guide´s said that if we were lucky we would see maybe 5-10 turtles. So it was time to take the big plunge, giant leap of fate in to the murky ocean, and then it was finally my turn to jump I did it but as soon as hit the water I started kinda panicking, but still kept my cool ( didn´t show the fear). But then I finally got used to the feeling that this could be my last moment on earth, and that I could end up as food for some vicious creature so I said, What the Heck darn it! and got on with the diving.

And the guide´s took us along the reef and it was amazing, although it was kinda the same as we got further and further, it didn´t change the fact that I was in the middle of the ocean holding on to a turtle 2 meters below in the Indian Ocean. We saw a clown fish, so of course I called it Nemo, and there were so many fishes like the fish "Dora" from "Finding Nemo" and loads more.
And then we spent the rest of the day mostly in our Villa, when night fall came mom and dad had a huge surprise for us, because of the occasion that my sister had her 22 second birthday on this family vacation and they had set up a BBQ dinner on the beach. It was surreal sitting on the beach with tiki torches and servants and it was unbelievable. And it was a night I´ll never forget.


The following day was our last in the Maldives so we had to check out around noon and just hang around all day, because our flight didn´t leave until 2:30 a.m. so we just played some games, hung around on the beach and had some good food. Then it was time to go back to Male ( the airport) and the boat ride over there was pretty smooth, and maybe the reason for that was that I was really exhausted. But then we had to wait two hours at the airport on Male, which was a bore, however I saw one of the most beautiful girl I´ve ever seen, so I managed to waist some time on that. When we finally got to our plane, it was really sweet. A tv screen in every seat and an option of around 300 movies, a lot of games and flight information. And it was just amazing, although I only got an hours sleep on the plane but the main thing is that we got to Dubai, safe and sound. I´ve gotta say it´s unbelievable here, the view, the culture and just everything.


Well that´s it for now... I´m gonna put some photos on the site next time but for now it´s byebye

Stefán

No comments: