Thursday, December 13, 2007

National Claessen´s Christmas Vacation

With all my Christmas shopping done, packing for the trip is finished, I´m currently loading my i-pod with 6 movies so all I can really do is go to bed and try to catch some z´s before the flight, however before I go to bed let me tell ya´ll about the vacation of a lifetime.

The Journey begins with a 2 and half hour flight from Keflavík to London, in Heathrow airport we meet up with my two sisters coming from Austria and Denmark. Since the flight from London to the Maldives is not until late in the afternoon, we´re gonna waist some time in downtown London. Then around 9 p.m. we have an eleven hour flight from London to the Maldives which is gonna be "great" especially flying "monkey" class ( as my sister refers to it) with Singapore Airlines, when we land on Saturday in the Maldives a driver is going to pick us up and drive us to the boat that sails us to our island. We are going to spend 5 days in 2 cabins on the beach ( and it´s like 97% sure that it´s going to be great) although my father said the weather forecast being chances of a thunderstorm, but that´s not gonna get our spirits down.

After spending 5 days in the Maldives our Journey takes us through 5 hours of flying ( again with Singapore Airline) to The United Arab Eramites, a little more specific, Dubai. Where we will be staying at a great hotel, and stay another 5 days and over Christmas eve and Christmas day, well I think we fly then from Dubai to London on the eve of boxing day and then from London to Keflavík with the late flight with Icelandair and will be arriving around midnight. Then on the 27th. of December we are gonna celebrate little Christmas by having our usual Christmas eve dinner and exchanging the few gifts we bought ( because the trip was instead of gift giving ) but us "youngsters" in the family will still be giving out loving older folk in the family gifts for just taking us on such a lovely journey ( and we will also be opening presents from our friends ;)


I will give you more details and thoughts on the trip when I arrive in the Maldives,

So for now ... Good bye,

And good bye nasty weather !!!

p.o.
Stefán

No comments: