Friday, December 7, 2007

Hot dahm it´s cold !

Frrrrrrrrrreezing cold here in Iceland! This morning it was -8°C ( roughly 15°F) But that´s not stopping me because I just got my student visa approved so I can go and pick it up on Monday. However the whole process was not my idea of fun, I went down to the embassy this morning and before I could step a foot into the building I had to show some form of identification and go through the medal detector. And the rental cops, security guys took their jobs real serious and they had a mean look( for rental cops), when I finally got through the security I had a conversation with a woman through a glass wall, and after I gave her all my forms and data, then she asked how I wanted to pay for the 3 minute interview and I handed her my card but then she said " we only take cash". Then I had to run 5 minutes to the next ATM and b.t.w. in -8°c cold! But I am a soldier and just ran through the cold, however when I got back I had to go through security once again! which was kinda pushing my last nerve, but the main thing is that I got my visa!

And with only 3 more days of work until I start my vacation, so between Monday and Friday I´ve got time to sort out my housing situation and also finish my Christmas gift shopping, for the reason that I won´t be home until "boxing day" ( the 26th) But I managed today to buy 2/8 of my Christmas gifts so I haven´t got much left.

Well that´s all for now, I´m gonna squeeze in a nap before work so

Later
Stefán, out

2 comments:

Maggi said...

Hahaha! Why was she asking how you wanted to pay if you could only pay with cash (or possibly sex?).

Stefán Claessen said...

because some pay in dollars while others in the icelandic krona