Thursday, October 30, 2008

Southern Illinois Elite Invitational Collegiate Bowling Tournament

Now that I had finished playing the PBA I could focus on the college tournament ahead. I could throw that awful gosh dang spare ball away and reunite with my Pepsi spare ball (which I wasn´t allowed to use in the PBA due to sponsorship rules).

I decided Thursday afternoon after I finished playing that I would n´t bowl, let my thumb get a break and study for my math test. Turns out I did n´t study at all cause I knew all the stuff needed so I went and took the test after lunch and scored PERFECT, yeah a 100%.

Friday morning I didn´t go to class cause I had to pack for the trip to Illinois, and frankly cause my teacher told me I didn´t need to come. So I packed and then went down to the RSC where we had rollcall, loaded up the van´s and took off, destination: Carterville, Illinois.

I had the "good" fortune of being in a van with zerbs, louis, izi, peters, barnes, aussi, mike heyes, JB and McBride... I say "good" cause McBride´s ass was litiraly on fire, burning up gas every 5 minutes, and of course can´t forget our driver, Coach V, who was a blast.


It took us some 8-9 hours to get there after like 4 stops at McDonalds but the hotel we stayed at was pretty deacent compared to other ones. However I had to share a room with Hank, Brewah and share a bed with Rob, which turned out to be okay, exept for the fact that Hank turned our room into a meat freezer!

Saturday afternoon we had the first block of 5 games, and it was suppose to be first day we play U.S. Open pattern and second day we play similar to the Qubica AMF pattern (a christmas tree), but the retard who was conditioning the lanes unplugged the machine after 14 lanes so the oil machine defaulted to a sort of house pattern so more than half was house pattern and other half U.S. Open. We didn´t realize it until the second game so it was kinda confusing. The first block I did very bad, I missed a lot of spares due to my timing was off and I had problems with carry on the house pattern, cause it dried up so fast.

On Sunday we had a block of 4 games and all on the U.S. Open pattern, which is about 70% harder than the house pattern but for some reason I averaged 20 pins a game higher on the US Open pattern so overall I averaged in the 190+
So now it´s gonna be study study study cause next tournament is in December.

That´s all for now
Later

No comments: