Tuesday, October 21, 2008

PBA World Championship

Today I had my practice session on the pattern we´re playing this week in the PBA World Championship. Today and all week I get to play with many of the best bowlers in the world, the "Young Guns" and the veterans of this PBA tour as well as some international superstars in the bowling world.

The tournament format is 3x 6 game blocks, 2 of the blocks are played on fresh oil and 1 is played on "used" oil. After those 18 games, they cut to top25% of the field and those who make it there cash and play 9 more games before they cut to top 40 and from there on is matchplay. By playing this world championship, pba event, I am breaking ground in Icelandic bowling (which is kinda cool) cause no one from Iceland has played a PBA event. But what´s really cool about this week is that I get to play with all the pro´s.

However there is a chance of a dilemma, if I cash (qualify) I will have to play on Friday, a block of 9 games, which means that I won´t be able to go to the SI Elite Invitational tournament in Carterville, Illanois. Which wouldn´t be that bad cause I would get great experience and cash in the pba, on the other hand I would be missing out on one of the 2 collegiate events left of the season for the development team. That will all be worked out on Thursday afternoon.

So I will be updating this site with scores and stories later ....

that´s all for now!

3 comments:

Anna C said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
EggertC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.