Thursday, October 23, 2008

My PBA Debute

On Tuesday I played my first 6 game block of the PBA World Championship. In warm ups I couldn´t really open up the lanes like I did in the practice session the day before, also the lanes were a lot tighter then in the practice session. I started off okay, only opened one frame in my first game but had a hard time finding the pocket but made a move and tried playing the outside, BIG MISTAKE. With probably 6 splits in my second game, 148! so after my first 2 games I´m roughly 80 pins below par. Then we move all the way to the other side of the building where the lanes play a lot more tighter and I could move way down on the lane and play the inside, and I struck gold! However that´s when my "new" spareball started messing with me, although i managed to shoot 227 and then a 202 with a disapointing back to back open frames in 9 and 10th. to finish my first block I shot a 180 and struck out for a 214 with 2 single pin misses :( however managed to keep my ave. at 191,5. Not good but alright for my PBA deubte.

Day 2

Today was my second block, and not on the fresh, so before the squad I shined up most of my balls because like I expected it got dry and a lot of guys were lofting the ball over the gutter. I started off with a bad ball and line choice which cost me, cause I left split after split after split, and shot under 150. In my second game we moved down again to the other end of the house where I could amp up my speed so the ball wouldn´t read the midlane and it worked I shot 227 (which should have been a 250 game and a 203 game which should have been a 230 game but a couple of 8,9 and 10 pins stopped that from happening. After that I hit a really bad pair and left splits left and right, and shot 150 after that I still struggled a little and shot 180 and then finished the round with a 212 shooting just below 190 ave. so my overall ave is 190.

Tomorrow morning I play the fresh again and with a little more knowledge of how the lanes play, hopefully I can make up some needed pins!

That´s all for now.
Stefán

3 comments:

EggertC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.